- International Climate and Carbon Finance Strategy Development and Operationalization
- Carbon Market Project & Transaction Support Services, Art. 6 Paris Agreement Transactions
- Environmental Impact Assessments, Impact Data Management & Monitoring
- Green & Sustainability Bond Eligibility and Impact Transparency Support
- Environmental Management Services for Impact Funds
- Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR, Art.8 & 9 Funds) Support
Climate Finance, Natural Capital Finance
4Climate assists you in estimating the climate mitigation and adaptation impact of your green activities. We help you identify and set up climate benefits or carbon credits linked revenue streams or avoided costs and integrate into the financing structure of your activities.
We develop strategies for effective use of public climate funds to mobilize private climate investments, with a focus on de-risking, pooling and preparing climate projects. 4Climate assists governments and international organisations in defining and operating international climate finance support programmes.
4Climate provides environmental impact fund services, especially for climate funds (Art. 8 / Art.9 Funds under the SFDR) for investor reporting and compliance, including Paris Agreement 1.5°C alignment assessments, carbon emission reference benchmarks, EU Sustainable Taxonomy alignment, TCFD guidance, metrics, scenario analysis, together with partners.
4Climate can assist in identifying concessional, environmental impact and carbon market financing options for investment plans related to the National Determined Contributions (NDC) under the Paris Agreement, National Appropriate Mitigation Actions (NAMAs), National Adaptation Plans (NAPAs).
We further identify and strengthen interlinkages of climate action with other SDGs to enhance the value and returns of climate change investments. A growing focus of our work is on the climate, nature based solutions (NbS) and biodiversity linkages. We are starting to offer services to help project developers and investors integrate NbS in project design and selection, e.g. IUCN global standard for NbS.
Our areas of expertise are renewable energy, energy efficiency, waste management, water projects and nature based climate solutions, especially blue carbon solutions.
- Assistance of the Luxembourg Government in determining its Internatinal Climate Finance Strategy (2015-2020, 2021-2025) and work on different climate finance products and applications, see projects.
- Environmental impact management advisors for the Luxembourg EUR 1.5 billion Sovereign Sustainability Bond (2020–2021)
- IUCN Blue Natural Capital Financing Facility set up and advisory
- Energy Efficiency NAMA Concept in Vietnam (2014)
4Climate advises on compliance & voluntary climate strategies and provides policy advice on carbon markets for public or corporate clients.
We help you select the right approach for the procurement, marketing and sale of carbon credits or environmental commodities. 4Climate can manage and monitor your carbon credit or impact outcome portfolios.
We develop corporate training seminars on environmental markets and carbon finance.
- Training of young climate fund managers on carbon pricing and carbon markets (2018 ongoing)
- Assistance for the Luxembourg Carbon Purchase Programme (2006–2015)
- Training for banking teams at the European Investment Bank (EIB) on emissions trading and carbon markets (2005–2006)
4Climate develops ESG risk and SDG impact frameworks for corporations, sustainable asset managers and sustainability bond issues. These frameworks can be used for the selection process of investments and for your monitoring & reporting processes.
We perform climate, natural capital and SDG related impact assessments and valuation for outcome based finance structures. In this respect we assist project developers and interested impact investors through all steps of identifying, monitoring and reporting as well facilitating verification of positive impacts.
In the field of green or sustainability bonds and related blue bonds, 4Climate can assist issuers to declare the green goals, prepare or review the bond framework, define eligible project portfoliosand determine climate and other environmental impacts including impact data management.
4Climate prepares eligibility assessments and provides compliance support of financial products (Art.8 & Art.9) under the EU sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR), integration and alignment with the EU Sustainable Finance Taxonomy.
- Environmental impact management advisory for the EUR 1.5 billion Luxembourg Sovereign Sustainability Bond (2020–2021) for the Luxembourg Treasury & Finance Ministry
- Preparation of the technical guideline on blue bonds for the IUCN Global Marine and Polar Programme. (2019)